[Grad-postdoc-assn] How Washington Works, Room Correction

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 8 14:34:17 MST 2006

Hi all,

There was some confusion about the building and room for the ASP Social on
Friday.  This talk will take place at CENTER GREEN in the auditorium
(center/north).   There was some confusion about it being in the EOL
Atrium, but again, it is at center green.

Having said that, below is a reminder with all the relevant facts.  I heard
from our government affairs office that Joel's talk promises to be lively
and humorous.

----------------------------ANNOUNCEMENT----------------------------------

The Advanced Study Program invites you to join us this Friday (Feb 10) for
a special event in conjunction with the visit by the National Science
Board.   Cindy Schmidt of UCAR and Joel Widder of Lewis Burke Associates
(http://www.lewis-burke.com/bio_joel.php) have put together a presentation
for early career scientists entitled "How Washington Works:  What
Scientists Need to Know."   This will be a great opportunity for you to get
a glimpse into Washington and what it all means to you.

Due to Cindy and Joel's busy schedule this week, we will need to begin at
8:00 am sharp.  I know that's early, so ASP will have a full breakfast and
coffee available at 7:45.  The talk will need to end around 9:15, and we
invite you to stay for socializing and more refreshments.

I sincerely hope you'll join us.  We are limiting this event to all
NCAR/UCAR Postdocs/Gradfellows and Scientist I's.

Here are the details:

"How Washington Works:  What Scinetists Need to Know"
Cindy Schmidt (UCAR) and Joel Widder (Lewis-Burke Associates)
Centergreen Center/North Auditorium
8:00am - 9:15am
Breakfast:  7:45am  - 9:45 am

See you there!
Paula Fisher

Paula Fisher
Division Administrator
Advanced Study Program
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307
303-497-1328
paulad at ucar.edu
Courier Address:  1850 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder, CO 80305