Fwd: [GO-ESSP] Any experience with ZK rich internet framework?

Rocky Dunlap rocky at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 7 11:31:56 MDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julien Chastang <chastang at ucar.edu>
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [GO-ESSP] Any experience with ZK rich internet framework?
To: Rocky Dunlap <rocky at cc.gatech.edu>
Cc: Jon Blower <jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk>, go-essp at ucar.edu, Spencer Rugaber
<spencer at cc.gatech.edu>

Hi All.
I have never worked with ZK, so I cannot really comment on it. I do know it
has a very good reputation and competes in the same space with the GWT. See
this link:

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=50886

YUI is a little different. It is purely a front-end technology (JavaScript,
CSS) whereas ZK and GWT are both front-end and server side. Rocky is correct
in that ZK and GWT may have you buy into a particular architecture. On the
other hand, YUI leaves the server-side up to the developer (i.e. implement
the JSON, and other low-level stuff).

There are a lot of great choices out there.

I like YUI a lot and have used it successfully.

-Julien