[Go-essp-tech] esgpublisher_gui memory consuming

Serguei Nikonov Serguei.Nikonov at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 16 10:58:23 MST 2011

Hi Bob,

I noticed that esgpublisher_gui takes a lot of memory. This is growing
practically linear with size of dataset it processes. Just yesterday I have
experienced huge memory swapping when published Omon dataset of control
experiment. It had about 6000 files and publisher took about 4 GB memory, plus
tomcat allocated 3 GB. As a result publishing was running more then 24 hours and
eventually was killed by OS as consumed too much resources. Having this trouble
we decided to change server machine for more powerful and the question is what
are the requirements for memory and CPU?

Thanks,
Sergey