[Go-essp-tech] [esg-gateway-dev] Replica support in Gateway 2.0

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Mon Nov 14 09:53:05 MST 2011

Hello Eric,

Thanks for this.  I think there is third bullet point to add to your 'notable things'. It is implied by much of the discussion, but maybe needs making explicit:

* The version a user is downloading needs to be made clear to the users (I'm not sure it is at the moment - it certainly is something that has caused users here a lot of issues).

I think there are different ways of exposing this, and I don't know what is optimal... How hard would it be for the gateway to expose the version number?  (are there reasons why this is a bad idea?)

Jamie