[Go-essp-tech] NCC piControl QC L3 checks

Martina Stockhause stockhause at dkrz.de
Thu Nov 10 00:44:24 MST 2011

  Good morning, Stephen,

we have our first author approval from NCC for their piControl data.
During QC L3 double and cross-checks we discovered the following problems:

1. NCC piControl data are not accessible at BADC. Here one example
publication unit:

WDCC/DKRZ:
http://ipcc-ar5.dkrz.de/dataset/cmip5.output1.NCC.NorESM1-M.piControl.3hr.atmos.3hr.r1i1p1.html

PCMDI:
http://pcmdi3.llnl.gov/esgcet/dataset/cmip5.output1.NCC.NorESM1-M.piControl.3hr.atmos.3hr.r1i1p1.html

BADC (Error):
http://cmip-gw.badc.rl.ac.uk/dataset/cmip5.output1.NCC.NorESM1-M.piControl.3hr.atmos.3hr.r1i1p1.html

2. CIM (http://q.cmip5.ceda.ac.uk/): NCC has confirmed that they have
completed the questionnaire, but there is no CIM simulation document in
the atom feed. We will leave out the cross-checks between TDS metadata
and CIM metadata in our checks. Connected with that we cannot link to
CIM metadata from the DOI landing page, even if the CIM viewer or portal
will be in place in future.

We decided to proceed with the DOI data publication process.
Stephen,  could you solve the data access problem at BADC in the
meantime, please?

For data that we are about to start QC L3 please refer to the
'QCL2_assigned' experiments at:
http://cera-www.dkrz.de/WDCC/CMIP5/QCStatus.jsp
or for publication units of QC level 2 to the list at:
http://cera-www.dkrz.de/WDCC/CMIP5/checkedEsgDatasets
(result restriction e.g. to NCC piControl data by:
http://cera-www.dkrz.de/WDCC/CMIP5/checkedEsgDatasets?dataset=
<http://cera-www.dkrz.de/WDCC/CMIP5/checkedEsgDatasets?dataset=cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.aqua4K>cmip5.output1.NCC.NorESM1-M.piControl)

Thanks,
Frank and Martina