[ES_JOBS_NET] Air Quality Staff Research Associate, UC Davis Air Quality Research Center
Katrine A Gorham
kgorham at ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 19 12:38:51 MDT 2019
Open until May 2:
STAFF RESESARCH ASSOCIATE (SRA I)
The UC Davis Air Quality Research Center (AQRC) is a growing interdisciplinary Organized Research Unit (ORU). Its mission is to facilitate research on the scientific, engineering, health, social and economic aspects of gaseous and particulate atmospheric pollutants. The Center currently manages a number of different research projects including a five-year, $8 million award through the Environmental Protection Agency. It also sponsors a comprehensive program of conferences and seminars.
Location: Davis, CA
Under supervision of the Data & Reporting Manager, process, validate, and quality control particulate matter measurement data. Responsibilities include, (1) handling and validation of large datasets using custom software, relational database, and programming tools, (2) communication with internal and external laboratories, and (3) development and generation of reports to summarize data.
- B.S. Degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering including coursework in inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, statistics, and calculus or an equivalent combination of coursework and experience.
- Experience in the routine operations of a Relational Database Management System.
- Experience with mathematical and statistical concepts such as logarithms, distributions, and linear regression.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals to secure and/or provide information to clarify situations, resolve problems.
- Skills to identify patterns in data and to advance possible explanations for the patterns.
- Skills to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful reports or statistics to identify patterns and outliers.
- Experience with computer programming particularly R and Structured Query Language.
- Experience working with environmental measurements, particularly air quality measurements.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net