[ES_JOBS_NET] Climate Adaptation Specialist, Ecology and Environment, Inc., San Francisco
christine.wiedinmyer.ucar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:38:54 MDT 2019
Climate Adaptation Specialist
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an experienced Climate Adaptation
Specialist in our San Francisco office. This position is responsible for
developing and leading innovative climate adaptation projects. Our
successful candidate will be a self-starter and experienced project manager
with climate-focused expertise and experience in a related social or natural
* Manage and lead for climate vulnerability and risk assessments,
adaptation plans, and preparedness plans which address climate change risks,
such as sea-level rise, severe storm events, wildfire, etc.
* Provide climate adaptation subject-matter expertise for additional
relevant projects, such as offshore wind or resilient communities projects.
* Lead and participate in meetings, conferences, and other engagement
activities with key stakeholders related to climate resilience
* Coordinate with staff associated with the Resilient Communities
Practice Area within one of the company's Business Lines, as well as staff
across the company, on business development as well as project related work
* Assist in climate-related business development for pursuit of
climate adaptation planning work in California and nationwide
* Lead and mentor staff to develop additional capabilities within an
* Bachelor's degree + 12 years' project experience and/or Master's
Degree + 7 years' experience with climate vulnerability, adaptation, and
resilience projects; required degree(s) in Environmental Science, Planning,
or a related discipline; environmental consulting experience preferred
* Ability to understand and interpret climate data and models for a
* Knowledge and familiarity with major federal and state environmental
statutes and implementing regulations, including California Environmental
Quality Act (CEQA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA),
National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), etc.
* Strong experience in business development and client relationship
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other
* Experience with public outreach, public speaking and facilitation,
and agency consultation
* Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing,
presentation and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills
with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a fast paced and
dynamic environment that requires managing and coordinating multiple
concurrent priorities and tasks
* Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated
professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning
disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound,
science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time.
E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not
be provided. Please view our website at <http://www.ene.com/> www.ene.com
to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer -
M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net