[ES_JOBS_NET] Hydrometeorology Intern, Colorado
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Sun Apr 7 07:49:06 MDT 2019
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Intern for the Summer of 2019. This position will focus on projects related toHydrometeorology in our Denver, CO office. Main responsibilities will include operational forecasting of heavy rainfall and flooding over Colorado, hydrologic modeling and data analysis. Other responsibilities may include development and operation of seasonal snowpack, reconstruction of historical precipitation events and climate change impact studies
Required Skills & Required Experience
Required Skills & Required Experience:
* Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Atmospheric Science / Meteorology or closely related field is required.
* Strong interest in meteorological forecasting and forecast validation. This includes the ability to prepare and deliver weather forecasts in a concise and comprehensible manner.
* Knowledge of, or interest in hydrologic processes and modeling a strong plus.
* Experience with analyzing large, multi-dimensional atmospheric datasets. Formats include: NetCDF, GRIB1, GRIB2, GeoTIFF, ASCII.
* Computer programming experience in at least one of the following software's: R, Python, ESRI ArcGIS, MATLAB, NCL.
* Experience with ArcGIS and WordPress a strong plus, as well as familiarity with the LINUX/UNIX operating system.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net