[ES_JOBS_NET] Lab Assistant Position at UC Davis Air Quality Research Center
Katrine A Gorham
kgorham at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 2 17:28:46 MDT 2018
Open until November 16.
LABORATORY ASSISTANT III
Salary: $19.94 - $21HR
The UC Davis Air Quality Research Center (AQRC) is a growing interdisciplinary Organized Research Unit (ORU). Its mission is to facilitate research on the scientific, engineering, health, social and economic aspects of gaseous and particulate atmospheric pollutants. The Center currently manages a number of different research projects including a five-year, $8 million award through the Environmental Protection Agency. It also sponsors a comprehensive program of conferences and seminars.
Location: Davis, CA
- Under general supervision of the Manager of Laboratory Operations, perform routine operations in the laboratories related to Interagency Monitoring of Protected Visual Environments (IMPROVE) air quality program, specifically in the Sample Handling Laboratory.
- Responsible for all aspects of filter preparation for deployment and analysis including conducting measurements, calibrating instrumentation. Maintain inventories, process data, maintain records and communicate with manager and team members. Assess data quality from several analytical methods applied to aerosol sample filters.
- Undergraduate-level course work in chemistry, physics, and mathematics including laboratory classes and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a sample handling laboratory.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals to secure and/or provide information to clarify situations, resolve problems.
- Knowledge and technical experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Experience calibrating analytical equipment.
- Experience using diagnostics tools to determine sources of errors and how to correct them.
- Experience initiating, establishing, interpreting, and implementing laboratory procedures.
- Experience working with computer data analysis and graphing software and MS Office software.
- Bachelor's degree and experience in a physical sciences discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of atmospheric sciences particularly related to particulate matter air pollution.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry and/or physics.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net