[ES_JOBS_NET] Science Communications Specialist I, PacArctic LLC, Boulder, CO
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jan 30 18:06:16 MST 2018
Science Communications Specialist I
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
PacArctic is hiring a full time Science Communications Specialist I to work on site supporting PAC and our government customer in the Boulder, CO area.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Specialist will be a basic researcher or educator able to explain basic science, engineering, and social impact problems, and suggest outreach and communications programs to advance NOAA science. Experience collaborating with scientific researchers and educators to interpret and develop these communications. Assist with formal and informal science education opportunities, and or assisting researchers with the science publications, presentations, posters and educational materials.
* Plans, conducts, and technically communicates complex science to the public, students and teachers through the use of a variety of media. Strong written and oral communications skills in the sciences and the ability to provide outreach to their audience is critical.
* Provides advice to staff on strategic communications, both internal and external. Develops strategies for effective communication programs.
* Plans and executes communication campaigns on key atmospheric or marine issues.
* Coordinates and manages website content including determining the target audience. Initiates, prepares, edits, and reviews a variety of informational materials.
* May act as a public liaison with government, media, scientific organizations, commercial and recreational industries, environmental groups, academia, and other external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Minimum Associate's degree in English, Communications, Public Affairs or a related discipline desired or combination of education, training or experience to perform relevant tasks.
* Minimum of 1 year of related experience
* Knowledge of, and ability to effectively use state-of-the-art digital and traditional channels, including media, social media, web, video, mobile applications, online networks and other emerging platforms.
* Experience using multiple software programs, platforms and tools, including Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe, Acrobat Pro, SharePoint and GoToMeeting. Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
* Has basic understanding of NOAA science programs with ability to explain technical aspects to others.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Includes travel to local, remote and out of state locations.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at accommodations at koniag.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
PacArctic provides high-end federal acquisition support services, cultural resource surveys, professional facility management and critical infrastructure protection, as well as business transformation and process improvement services. Additionally, PacArctic provides program management of specialized IT services such as employee assistive technologies, photogrammetry utilization for native rock art recording, and geographic information systems (GIS) program management for transportation planning needs.
Excellence, Integrity, Accountability
OUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net