[ES_JOBS_NET] Data Manager / Data ScientistGeosyntec Consultants, Inc. - Anchorage, AK
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jan 3 19:50:59 MST 2018
Data Manager / Data ScientistGeosyntec Consultants, Inc. - Anchorage, AK
Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking a highly motivated, organized database and visualization specialist to support environmental engineering, and geoscience projects in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. The position may be located in our Portland, Seattle, or Anchorage office and will work with a multi-disciplinary team from these offices. As a database and visualization specialist, you will apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to real-world situations related to contaminated site assessment & remediation while also learning and expanding the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com<http://www.geosyntec.com/>.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
* Maintaining project databases, including populating databases with new and old data, and developing queries to analyze data;
* Developing comprehensive workflows and metadata to automate compilation of data from multiple sources and serve data to maps, reports and other tools;
* Generating graphs and tables using databases and spreadsheets;
* Performing statistical analysis and preparing data for reports;
* Designing and developing relational database applications using desktop (MS Access) and enterprise (MS SQL Server/MySQL) database software to compile, verify, analyze, and report large and diverse datasets;
* Working closely with other staff, project managers and seniors to develop components of project documents (e.g., tables) and perform data processing and analysis, and contribution to proposal development and report preparation;
* Engaging in client management and development of new business in environmental or engineering information management and data visualization for environmental engineering, and geoscience projects.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical database and visualization specialist position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety (40-Hour HAZWOPER certified preferred), first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* Bachelor's degree in geomatics, computer science, science, or engineering. (required)
* Up to 3 years of technical training and experience in database technology, analysis, and reporting. (required)
* Proficiency in MS Access, including the ability to write complex queries and automate routine processes. (required)
* Proficiency in MS Excel, including the ability to write complex formulas and visualize data effectively. (required)
* Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills. (required)
* Understanding of data quality control concepts. (required)
* Solid general technical / analytical capabilities, including the ability to learn new software quickly. (required)
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to perform problem-solving and develop innovative database solutions to meet project needs. (required)
* Strong time management skills and schedule flexibility to accommodate project deadlines and deliverables. (required)
* Ability to prioritize work and respond to overlapping project needs. (required)
* Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server, including the ability to automate processes and generate reports. (preferred)
* Proficiency utilizing EQui, Locus, ArcGIS software. (preferred)
* Ability to automate processes using scripts (e.g. Python). (preferred)
* Experience with client management and development of new business in environmental or engineering information management. (preferred)
* Knowledge of server architecture and web technology. (preferred)
* Experience with dimensional modeling and visualization (e.g., gINT, EVS) including the process of converting, importing, and exporting the surfaces between programs. (preferred)
* Experience with the front-end processes of collecting field data with various technology (e.g. tablet apps, GPS) and the process of downloading and compiling the data. (preferred)
* Knowledge of laboratory analytical data verification and validation processes. (preferred)
Preferred candidates will also possess the following professional attributes:
* Vision and desire to lead a data management and visualization practice in the environmental consulting industry.
* Patience and planning skills to work toward a data management and visualization practice.
* Ability to talk to and engage clients in business development and willingness to learn new business development skills.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: DATAM01419
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net