[ES_JOBS_NET] Program Director – Change Leadership for Sustainability Program, Stanford
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Fri Feb 16 14:41:51 MST 2018
Program Director – Change Leadership for Sustainability Program
Stanford University’s School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences is seeking a systems-thinking, pro-active, entrepreneurial Program Director to work hand in hand with the executive director, faculty director and student services manager of the new Change Leadership for Sustainability Program, which prepares leaders to radically accelerate the transition to a sustainable society. This dynamic role entails supporting the development of the program’s MS/MA in Sustainability Science and Practice, including leading the practicum program, evaluation strategy and case study/multi-media curriculum development, supporting the student body and building an engaged faculty community. The role also involves helping to conceive and implement executive programs, supporting fundraising and marketing, and building the Program’s global community of learning and practice. The successful candidate will have extensive experience and demonstrated knowledge in sustainability, especially working with diverse stakeholders and sectors. The outstanding candidate will be intellectually curious, with demonstrated ability to conduct extensive research, and synthesize and communicate findings to have meaningful impact.
Some of the duties you may perform in this position are:
* Work with executive director and faculty director to implement Change Leadership educational initiatives, including master’s degree program, executive educational programs, and broader community engagement
* Lead the practicum program, including relationship management with practicum partners, supporting students and advisors, designing systems to manage the program
* Lead case study and multi-media curriculum development
* Engage deeply in network building, learning and knowledge sharing
* Support and curate the master’s degree and professional education content
* Work collaboratively to provide support and counsel for the master’s degree students
* Lead the evaluation strategy for the Change Leadership Program
* Analyze and assist in developing and managing grants, financial processes and budgets
* Develop, implement, administer, and evaluate programs, including outreach to varied stakeholders by: conducting research activities within the program; analyzing data, creating reports, reviewing trends, and making program improvement recommendations. May develop or contribute to outreach strategy related to program communications, development, partnerships, and fundraising/funding.
* May teach and/or assist in the teaching and administration of courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum. May advise students and/or coach/mentor clients.
* Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
* Contribute to and inform on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three or more years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience. Advanced degree may be required for some programs. For jobs with financial responsibilities, experience managing a budget and developing financial plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to develop program partnerships and funding sources.
* Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
* Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
THE SCHOOL OF EARTH ENERGY & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (SE3) develops the knowledge and talent to understand the workings of the planet and to help solve resource and environmental challenges. The School includes a range of disciplines in geosciences, Earth system science, and energy resources engineering, and includes both disciplinary and interdisciplinary educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Change Leadership for Sustainability Program is dedicated to advancing sustainability in pursuit of human well-being. It offers executive education programs and a coterminal masters degree to prepare leaders with the knowledge, mindsets and practical skills needed to understand and intervene in complex systems to secure human well-being around the world and across generations. The program hosts a sustainability leadership speaker series and other initiatives to build a global community that shares conceptual knowledge and practical expertise in the pursuit of sustainability.
As one of the world’s premier research institutions, Stanford University has launched hundreds of initiatives solely for the betterment of humanity. Here, we are committed to fostering a workplace culture that promotes diversity, collaboration and professional growth. We offer career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives.
All applicants must submit a resume and 1-page cover letter to be considered for this position.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net