[ES_JOBS_NET] Please post job: Water Resources Analyst/Scientist, Stockholm Environment Institute
kshaknis at sei-us.org
Wed Feb 7 15:59:40 MST 2018
Job Post: Water Resources Analyst/Scientist, Stockholm Environment Institute
The U.S. Center of the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI<http://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sei-international.org%2F>) seeks a full-time Water Resources Analyst or Scientist to join our Water Program. SEI is an international non-profit organization that works to advance sustainable development through research, policy analysis and capacity-building. We pursue our mission of bridging science and policy in the fields of environment and development across six centers around the globe. The SEI-US Center has three offices: Somerville, MA, Davis, CA, and Seattle, WA; you will be joining our eight-person team in Davis, CA. The SEI-US Water Program develops and applies analytical tools to support robust decision making on water, most notably using our Water Evaluation and Planning (WEAP<http://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.weap21.org%2F>) software. Through applied projects and working with scientists and decision-makers – both locally and internationally – we develop cutting-edge studies that inform integrated water resource management, multi-scale adaptation, and/or social-ecological resilience to climate change and development challenges.
We are seeking a highly motivated critical thinker with a background in water resources management and/or environmental sciences. You will join our team to promote a sustainable future and support water planning, by developing technical knowledge in the biophysical sciences and applying it to socio-economic and institutional settings. To do so, you must be able to coordinate well between a technical and non-technical mindset. Beyond these critical qualifications we are looking for an applicant with:
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field relevant to water resources management. Here we define water resources broadly and are open to receiving CVs from those with degrees in engineering, or the earth or biological sciences. Professional experience in fields related to water resources management is appreciated but not required.
· Quantitative skills such as data analysis, database management, GIS, remote sensing, statistical analysis, systems modeling (either simulation or optimization), data visualization and/or computer programming.
· A willingness to learn new skills outside of formal training through participation in multidisciplinary project teams.
· Fluency in English. Proficiency in Spanish is highly desirable but not required.
· Interest in working on complex California water systems as well as a willingness to travel internationally to participate in project workshops and work with local stakeholders.
· Strong writing skills to communicate with both technical and general audiences.
Location: Stockholm Environment Institute U.S. Center: Davis, California Office
Salary Range: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications
Start Date: As soon as position is filled
Application Deadline: February 28th (this notice dated 01/31/18)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including paid parental and family medical leave after one year of employment. We have a casual work environment and flexible work schedules, and offer 15 days of vacation, increasing to 20 days after five years of employment.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please visit the listing page at https://sei.workable.com/jobs/655331/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net