[ES_JOBS_NET] Development/Grant-Writing Position at the Bronx River Alliance, Bronx NY
aslagle at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 17 13:29:15 MST 2018
*Job Posting for Senior Development Manager, Bronx River Alliance*
The Bronx River Alliance is looking for a qualified individual to serve
as full-time Senior Development Manager who will directly manage the
Alliance’s grant-writing, grant management, and prospecting and a
Campaign for our new facility, River House. Depending on experience,
this person may also supervise other Alliance development activities.
_About the job_
The Senior Development Manager will work in close coordination with the
Executive Director, Director of Operations and program staff to raise
money from foundation, corporate, and government sources to support the
Alliance’s programs and services. S/he may also supervise a Development
Associate who manages membership, spring and winter appeals, and special
70% of time on grant-writing, grant management, and prospecting
* Manage the grant process, writing grant proposals, reports and
letters of inquiry, while tracking the funding cycle. Research and
pursue new institutional funding prospects.
* Collaborate with program staff to develop compelling proposals,
budgets, and reports.
* Track progress against fundraising goals and ensure timely renewals
* Manage a contact database to track funders and deadlines.
* Maintain relationships with donors to communicate progress of
programs and explore funding opportunities, and participate in
direct solicitation meetings.
30% of time on supporting other development activities, including the
Campaign for River House
* Become familiar with the Alliance’s programs and current issues
related to these programs, by meeting with program managers,
reviewing related studies and articles, and attending events and
* Depending on relevant experience, this person may also supervise and
support a Development Associate who manages the Bronx River
Alliance’s membership program, annual appeal and special events,
including a spring team-based fundraising paddle, the Bronx River
Flotilla, and our annual gala, An Upstream Soiree.
* Campaign for River House: organize house parties, events, gatherings
and meetings to raise $1 million for the Campaign for River House
* Other major donor support, as needed
* 2-3 years grants management or writing experience in nonprofit
organizations and/or government agencies or equivalent business
* 2+ years of managing and working in a team
* Excellent writing and communications skills, as well as ability to
understand and communicate budgets to funders.
* Ability to communicate and work with diverse constituents, including
funders, program staff and board members.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to be self-starting, independent worker, think creatively,
work quickly and under pressure, and set and meet deadlines.
* Familiarity with Word and Excel, database software; experience with
fundraising software, especially Abila/Sage or Sales Force, a plus.
_About the Bronx River Alliance:_ The Bronx River Alliance leads the
effort to protect, improve, and restore the Bronx River and create a
continuous greenway along its eight-mile length in the Bronx. It serves
as a coordinated voice for the river and works in partnership with many
organizations to ensure that the river corridor will be a healthy
ecological, recreational, educational, and economic resource for
communities along the river. The not-for-profit organization employs a
staff of 20 and has a budget of $1.4 million. Further information is
available at www.bronxriver.org.
_Salary: $55,000 - 65,000_. The Bronx River Alliance also offers to its
employees a full benefits package, and a dynamic and creative work
environment at an organization with a successful track record of
restoring the Bronx River, developing parks and trails along it, and
connecting local communities with this unique natural resource.
_How to apply:_ Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample
via email to jobs at bronxriver.org. No calls, please.
Angela L. Slagle, PhD
Science Program Officer, U.S. Science Support Program, IODP
Research Scientist, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
61 Route 9W, Palisades NY 10964
tel +1 845-365-8444
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net