[ES_JOBS_NET] Scientific Associate - Aerosol Measurement; Brookhaven National Laboratory
ckuang at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 26 09:50:08 MDT 2017
PERSONNEL REQUISITION # 1148
Scientific Associate - Aerosol Measurement
The Environmental & Climate Sciences Department of Brookhaven National Laboratory is seeking a full-time Scientific Associate to perform specific and limited portions of research and development projects, which are of an experimental, analytical, or a theoretical nature, with aerosol instrumentation in a collaborative environment for the analysis and interpretation of atmospheric aerosols measured in laboratory and field studies. The aerosol instrumentation includes aerosol generators, condensation particle counters, aerosol electrometers, aerodynamic particle spectrometers, and scanning mobility particle spectrometers. Duties and responsibilities will include:
* Acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of aerosol measurements in both laboratory and field environments using established methods.
* Ensuring complex scientific laboratory and facility functions are maintained optimally in accordance with required research protocols.
* Detection of aerosol instrumentation problems and development of methods to solve them.
* Laboratory management tasks that include aerosol instrument maintenance, calibration, and service.
* Routine report generation that documents instrument performance, issues, and maintenance.
* Periodic domestic and foreign travel and deployment of aerosol instrumentation in support of field studies.
Requirements for the position include: 1) Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics; 2) Experience in the principles and practice of aerosol measurement technology: condensation particle counters, scanning mobility particle spectrometers, and aerodynamic particle spectrometers; 3) Experience with data analysis programs for data processing and QA/QC; 4) U.S. Citizenship; 5) Driver's license; 6) Ability to routinely lift more than 30 pounds. Preferences for the position include a Master's Degree in Aerosol Science; experience with the MATLAB and/or IGOR data analysis platform; and demonstrated project management, organizational, and communication skills.
Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The initial appointment will be one year, with annual renewal contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance. If interested, please apply directly via: https://jobs.bnl.gov/job/upton/scientific-associate-aerosol-measurement/3437/6038525
Chongai Kuang, Ph.D.
Environmental & Climate Sciences Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Phone: (631) 344-7257
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net