[ES_JOBS_NET] Project Coordinator, Northern Water Futures, Wilfrid Laurier University
christin at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 15 11:14:16 MDT 2017
Posting ID : 8072
Apply By : 6/20/2017
Position Title : Project Coordinator, Northern Water Futures
Department : Biology
Job Type : Full-time, Limited Term
Position Summary :
At Laurier, we are a community. It’s what brings our students here and
what keeps our people here.
As an educational institution, we inspire lives of leadership and
purpose in our student community. As an employer, we seek, foster and
value the same qualities of leadership and purpose in our employee
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a
Project Coordinator, Northern Water Futures.
Laurier is a leader in cold regions research. Our growing emphasis in
this area has led to the development of a large and active research
program in the Northwest Territories. This is formalized through the
Government of the NWT – Laurier Partnership agreement providing direct
dialogue between Laurier researchers and GNWT decision makers.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier northern research
community and contribute to this exciting initiative as a Project
Coordinator. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing
the projects and administration needed to support the work for Laurier’s
Global Water Futures project entitled Northern Water Futures. The role
will support the Principal Investigator and a team of more than fifty
Canadian Arctic researchers. This position will involve coordination and
execution of all aspects of new and on-going research with the project.
She/he will also participate in the analysis of project data, writing of
reports and academic papers and may be involved in presentations.
The incumbent will report to the project Principal Investigator, Dr.
Jennifer Baltzer. He/she will also work directly with other members of
the university and external stakeholders as required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to,
*Coordination and General Project Administration:*
* Coordinates and executes the day-to-day operations of the project;
* Acts as a liaison between various members of the research team;
* Organizes workshops and meetings;
* Takes and circulates minutes for several meetings per month;
* Assists with electronic data files and performs data entry;
* Ensures accurate and detailed records are maintained;
* Supporting grant writing and related activities;
* Reviews data results from project including statistical significance
and emerging themes;
* Assists in the writing and interpretation of study findings;
* Assists with preparation of publications and presentations;
* Manages project budget;
* Manages accounts receivables and payables;
* Oversees and completes expense reports;
* Collaborates with various units across campus including research
finance, the office of research services, accounts payable and
procurement to ensure compliance with university and funder policies;
* Prepares financial reports for project funders in a timely manner;
* Designs, maintains and organizes financial tracking files.
* Files monthly reports;
* Sets up project tracking systems;
* Completes and manages the project tracking system;
* Writes annual reports for funders and other stakeholder groups.
* BSc or MSc (preferred) in a related discipline (environmental sciences);
* 2 years of demonstrated experience coordinating research grant
functions including reporting and expenses;
* Previous exposure to proposal writing;
* Passionate about northern research;
* Strong organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
* Results oriented and highly adept at setting priorities with a
strong ability to handle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines;
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a complex
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Adaptability and flexibility.
This position will be a 1 year renewable contract for up to 3 years with
review after the first six months.
Grade : EX-D
Salary : $44606-$55758
Salary Notes : This is a full-time, limited term role up to 12 months.
Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
/Wilfrid Laurier University//endeavors to fill positions with the best
available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education,
experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of
the position while demonstrating Laurier'sEmployee Success Factors
/Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and
sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and
persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description
in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net