[ES_JOBS_NET] Senior Research Fellow (Asia), Water Cluster Lead, Stockholm Environment Institute
christin at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 13 16:14:58 MST 2017
Salary range:*commensurate with academic background and experience.*
SEI Asia is looking for a Senior Research Fellow to work with the
Centre’s "Water Cluster" to lead research on water resources management
and application of Geographic Information System (GIS), integrating
disaster risk management, and supporting the Cluster research.
The Senior Research Fellow will support the Water Cluster Lead in the
development of the research agenda, overall strategy and project
development as well the day to day activities of the cluster, including
undertaking research activities related to ongoing projects, leading the
development of new research projects and providing advices to more
junior researchers. This position leads research/project works relating
to water resources management and application of Geographic Information
System (GIS), integrating appropriate disaster risk management.
The selected candidate will work with staff in the Asia Centre and other
consortiums on relevant activities of existing programme,
including*SUMERNET* <http://www.sumernet.org/>and*SERVIR Mekong*
<https://servir.adpc.net/>and other future programme related to water
resources management and climate change throughout the world, based from
* Lead or implement Water Cluster research work and/or projects,
according to the work plan and available budget.
* Lead and co-author peer-reviewed research publications and
contribute to other outputs including articles and blogs in the SEI
web page and from other concerned research projects.
* Cooperate with and support colleagues in the Water Cluster research
team to ensure high quality deliverables on schedule.
* Provide guidance to junior and mid-level staff on research
management, project implementation and reporting, and monitoring and
* Identify funding sources, lead or contribute to fundraising.
* Support centre management tasks especially relevant to the Water
Cluster upon the request of the SEI Asia Management Team.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the Water
Cluster’s work plan, including budget and identification, design,
development, and implementation of research projects within areas
that further the aims and objectives of SEI.
* Contribute to the development of the institute’s policies and the
Water Cluster strategy.
* Contribute to strengthening the relationship between Asia Centre
with the host country (Thai government) and partnership with the
host institute (Chulalongkorn University) and other agencies within
* PhD or equivalent with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
in water resources management and development of decision support
system through application of GIS, with proven experience within
* Excellent record in project implementation.
* Strong network with government agencies, academic institutes and
NGOs in the Mekong region.
* Excellent research and publication record.
* Excellent record in fundraising.
* Proven ability to lead a strong, credible and high-quality research
portfolio working with several researchers.
* Recognized as senior expert in her/his field.
* Fluency in spoken and written English.
* Strong motivation, personal initiative and commitment to excellence
and results in scientific research.
* Demonstrated record of interdisciplinary collaboration, partnership
and team building and the desire to work in a collaborative
environment with efficient time management.
Salary package including health insurance and provident fund
commensurate with academic background and experience.SEI Asia offers an
exciting and interesting opportunity to work alongside some of the
region's leading researchers to bring genuine change to the world we
Inquiries concerning the content of the position can be directed
to*Papassara Kunjara Na Ayudhya*(papassara.kunjara at sei-international.org
<mailto:papassara.kunjara at sei-international.org>) or*Nipa
Laithong*(nipa.laithong at sei-international.org
<mailto:nipa.laithong at sei-international.org>)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net