[ES_JOBS_NET] Intern - Atmospheric Sciences R&D Graduate Summer, Sandia National Laboratories
Christine.Wiedinmyer at Colorado.EDU
Wed Dec 27 13:43:00 MST 2017
Intern - Atmospheric Sciences R&D Graduate Summer
Sandia National Laboratories - Albuquerque, NM
Qualifications We Require
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
* Earned bachelor's degree
* Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited science, engineering, or math graduate program
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
* U.S. citizenship
* Pursuit of a graduate degree in engineering or relevant physical sciences
* Experience with electrical or mechanical laboratory processes
* Experience with electronic document preparation, including Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD)
Note: If you have not yet started your graduate program, please apply to an undergraduate intern position.
Qualifications We Desire
* Experience or training in mill/lathe operations
* Experience with atmospheric modeling
* Experience or training with atmospheric science or geoscience field experiments
About Our Team
8863 Atmospheric Sciences
The staff in the Atmospheric Sciences Department at Sandia National Labs have expertise in atmospheric measurements and modeling. Technical activities cover the spectrum from theory to application, including algorithm development, computer modeling, data inversion, instrumentation and measurement systems development, field demonstration, field campaign execution, and field site management. Particular expertise exists in the measurement and modeling of atmospheric processes in the Arctic including the use of unmanned aerial vehicles such as small fixed wing and rotary aircraft and tethered balloons, as well as the use and cold hardening of measurement systems such as radar and lidar. The department serves as a Laboratories resource for atmospheric sensing expertise.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
* Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
* Extraordinary co-workers
* Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
* Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
* Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance *
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
* These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net