[ES_JOBS_NET] Position Opening: UC Davis Air Quality Research Center Financial Analyst
Katrine A Gorham
kgorham at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 14 12:35:43 MST 2017
Position: Air Quality Research Center Financial Analyst
Final Filing Date: 1/2/2018
Salary: $22.80 - $34.72/hr
Under supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer, independently provide budgetary planning and extramural analysis. Manage and analyze financial data from a variety of revenue streams, including extramural contracts and grants, gifts, endowments, state general funds and other funding sources to provide forecasting and control of complex budgets.
Work with unit Principal Investigators, CAO's and Directors on pre- and post-award processes, budget preparation, and payroll coordination. Serve as the compliance officer for department contract and grant activity, ensuring costs are allocated appropriately and effort reporting and cost-share commitments are properly documented.
- Experience controlling budgets, including detailed budget preparation, contract and grant budget proposals, payroll, ledger reconciliation, and fiscal close.
- Experience in financial analysis, forecasting and strategic planning to analyze and compile financial data and reports.
- Experience using automated financial and payroll/personnel systems.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze complex data and develop meaningful solutions to specific problems.
- Organizational skills to work with changing priorities and demanding workload and to use independent judgment to make logical decisions.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals to secure and/or provide information to clarify situations, resolve problems, and negotiate services and/or agreements.
- Experience using computer skills to utilize various programs and software (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel) for word processing, spreadsheets, and website applications.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading clear, grammatically accurate documents and email.
- Experience with DaFIS, Kuali, and DaFIS Decision Support.
- Experience working in a primarily extramurally funded unit.
- Experience interacting with offices such as the UC Davis Sponsored Projects and Extramural Accounting offices.
- Analytical skills to assume responsibility for coordination and completion of complex projects requiring interactions with many internal parties in a large organizational structure.
- Experience with federal and private compliance regulations governing grant budgeting, financial reporting, cost-sharing standards, cost allocation, and policies regarding use of grant funds.
- Knowledge of cost allocation methods.
- Leadership skills to implement new systems and processes that improve the overall effectiveness of the unit.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net