[ES_JOBS_NET] Support Scientist – Aircraft Data Assimilation, NOAA Environmental Modeling Center, College Park, MD
christin at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 26 09:18:56 MST 2016
NOA1604 Support Scientist – Aircraft Data Assimilation
*Support**Scientist – Aircraft Data Assimilation
*NOAA Environmental Modeling Center (EMC)/
College Park, MD /
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) (www.imsg.com
is looking to hire a candidate to support the Data Assimilation Team of
the Environmental Modeling Center (EMC) in the National Centers for
Environmental Prediction (NCEP) in continuing to improve the use of
aircraft data in the NCEP atmospheric data assimilation systems. In
particular, enhancements to the specification of observation errors,
quality control and bias correction are needed to improve the use of the
data. A support position to assist in the development, testing,
routine application and maintenance of these aircraft data is
available. Specific activities will include:
* Contribute to improved specification of observation errors for
aircraft data (temperatures, winds and moisture).
* Contribute to the enhancement of the automated quality control for
the aircraft data.
* Revisit the aircraft bias correction to examine improved choices of
* Generally contribute to the improvement of the NCEP’s GSI analysis
and assimilation system.
* D. or M.S. in Atmospheric Science, or related physical or
* Experience in two or more of the following areas is required:
Atmospheric data assimilation, aircraft moisture, temperature and
wind measurements, the GSI analysis system; or optimization of
complex scientific code in a parallel programming environment.
* Experience with running complex jobs, and processing large amounts
of numerical output data on mainframe supercomputers and/or
workstations in a FORTRAN/UNIX environment, using advanced
statistical and display tools.
* Experience working in a team environment, and good written and oral
communication skills are highly desirable.
* The desire and ability to learn and develop scientific capability is
Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3)
references, your salary requirements, and a cover letter explaining how
your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to:
jobs at imsg.com<mailto:jobs at imsg.com> with the following subject line:
*_NOA1604 Support Scientist: Aircraft Data Assimilation._*
IMSG offers an outstanding overall Benefit Package including company
paid leave, medical, dental, vision, and 401K. Please indicate your
timeline of availability and preferred salary level for consideration.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net