[ES_JOBS_NET] Research Associate I, II, or III for CIRA, multiple locations
christin at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 3 06:03:20 MDT 2015
Research Associate I, II, or III for CIRA
The Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (CIRA), located
on the Foothills Campus of Colorado State University (West Laporte
Avenue in Fort Collins, CO), performs collaborative research with the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Weather
Service (NWS) research laboratories and operations centers and with
NOAA’s Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR) research
laboratories in Boulder, Colorado.
CIRAseeks applications from individuals who are interested in Research
Associate I, II,III positions within the department. Work locations may
be in Silver Spring, MD (with special consideration for remote work with
periodic visits to Silver Spring), Kansas City, MO, or Boulder, CO. A
detailed description of the department and research themes/programs is
available on the department web page: http://www.cira.colostate.edu. The
goal of research in the laboratories and operations centers is to
improve forecast guidance products and transition these improvements
into operational systems and services.
Required Job Qualifications
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Required
qualifications, rank and salary determined by specific position to
* Level I is an entry-level position for individuals with less than
three years of professional, post-baccalaureate (or equivalent)
* Level II includes individuals with a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years
of relevant professional experience, or a recent Master’s degree,
and no other significant professional experience.
* LevelIIIincludes individuals with a bachelor’s degree and five years
of work-related experience, or a master’s degree with at least 2
years work-related experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• experience with atmospheric model data (e.g.,WRF), High Performance
Computing (HPC), and relational data bases;
• experience with Fortran 90 (and higher) and Linux/Unix scripts programming
• familiarity with data analysis and visualization software
(e.g.,AWIPS,IDL, Matlab, and GrADS)
• additional desired qualifications may include web technologies such as
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are
expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to
diversity and inclusion.
Quick Link For Posting http://jobs.colostate.edu:80/postings/17190
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net