[ES_JOBS_NET] Earth and Atmospheric Sciences -GIS- Tenure Track Faculty, Metropolitan State University of Denver
christin at ucar.edu
Sat Oct 31 09:06:45 MDT 2015
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS) at the
Metropolitan State University of Denver invites applicants for a
tenure-track position in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
The successful candidate will teach lower and upper division courses
inGIS, remote sensing, or other geospatial science courses. A standard
teaching load consists of 12 credit hours per semester. For a list of
courses taught inEAS, please visit:
http://www.msudenver.edu/eas/students/eascourses/. The successful
candidate will work and interact with a diverse group of individuals and
be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences -GIS- Tenure Track Faculty
*Salary for Announcement*
Commensurate with experience and education
EAS - Earth & Atmospheric Sci
FT Faculty-10 mo with benes
The tenure-line faculty member will be expected to:
1) Teach a variety ofGIS, remote sensing, and other geospatial science
courses such as upper-division geospatial sciences courses in spatial
modeling. remote sensing, cartography, data modeling, database
development, python scripting, and/or other geospatial science topics,
as well as lower-division introductory geospatial science courses, that
includes course content consistent with student learning outcomes listed
on the regular course syllabus.
2) Advise students regarding academic programs and careers.
3) Develop and maintain a publication record and present scholarly work
at professional conferences or workshops.
4) Participate in interdisciplinary research
5) Integrate scholarly activities and knowledge into teaching to
facilitate student learning about real-world problems through spatial
data development, modeling, visualization, and analysis, using ArcGIS
and other geospatial software.
6) Participate in field experiences, the First Year Success Program,
and/or mentor undergraduate research projects.
7) Conduct assessment, curriculum development, and other substantial
service activities forMSUDenver and the community.
8) Comply with all university policies such as student evaluation of
instruction policies and peer observation policies.
For additionalEASDepartment information, please visit:
Doctorate degree in Geography,GIS, or anEASrelated field at time of
1) Experience teaching introductory geospatial science courses.
2) Experience teaching upper-division geospatial sciences courses such
as spatial modeling, remote sensing, cartography, data modeling,
database development, python scripting, or other geospatial science topics.
3) Experience applying ArcGIS and other geospatial software to
real-world problems in geospatial sciences and applications in
environmental science, geography, geology, meteorology, and/or
sustainable development through spatial data development, modeling,
visualization, and analysis.
4) Evidence of commitment and experience in providing a high quality
educational experience for students through instructional methods,
assessment, and/or course development.
5) A record indicating well-developed scholarship.
6) Willingness and/or experience in participating in service activities.
7) Evidence of commitment to undergraduate education in a diverse urban
8) An academic record indicating successful completion of diverseGIScourses
9)• Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse
urban student population including (but not limited to) students of
color,LBGTQIAstudents, students from low-income backgrounds,
first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented
students, non-traditional students, student veterans, and
Close on Closing Date
*Special Instructions to Applicants*
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply
online via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their
Under other document please submit evidence of teaching excellence such
as student evaluations, syllabi, and/or instructional artifacts.
If you are unable to submit copies of transcripts at the time of
application please submit them to
E-mail: cmatsumo at msudenver.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net