[ES_JOBS_NET] NEON Job Posting: Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) Scientist, Boulder, CO
jjackson at neoninc.org
Mon Mar 9 10:32:27 MDT 2015
This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Fundamental Instrument Unit. The Fundamental Instrument Unit (FIU) consists of an automated suite of meteorological, atmospheric, soil and eco-physiological measurements. The Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) Scientist will support Science project development and management activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design FIU data flow, data product algorithms and automated QA/QC procedures.
* Conduct various analyses (e.g., quantitative uncertainty analyses and time-series analyses).
* Develop FIU data quality assurance, quality control procedures, and uncertainty analyses.
* Test procedures, modify and implement final products related to data QA/QC.
* Develop plans for evaluating and transferring data QA/QC activities into an operational basis.
* Travel to identified professional conferences and NEON field sites.
* Follow NEON and site specific environmental protection requirements, policy and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
* Doctoral degree, or Master's degree with equivalent work experience, in one of the environmental science fields (e.g., Biometeorology, Ecosystem Science, Micrometeorology) or a related science field. Recent PhD graduates may apply.
* Knowledge of a wide range of meteorological related sensors, and measurement techniques and their associated data acquisition and analysis procedures.
* Experience with quantitative uncertainty analyses and time-series analyses.
* Experience delivering a final product from concept through testing to deployment.
* Experience with critical thinking, scientific writing and review.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with written and verbal communication skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated information.
* Experience working in a collaborative scientific or engineering enterprise.
* Ability to travel for periods of time ranging from overnight up to one week.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
* Experience working at the synoptic to local scale.
* Knowledge of both instrument hardware and software development.
* Work experience with production data flows.
* Design of data visualization tools.
* Ability to develop the dataflow designs for different and contrasting data types.
* Understanding of micrometeorological processes and associated modeling.
Must have permanent authorization for US employment.
Please apply to: www.neoninc.org
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net