[ES_JOBS_NET] NEON Job Posting: Assistant Director, Biometeorology Boulder, CO
jjackson at neoninc.org
Fri Jul 24 10:30:25 MDT 2015
Assistant Director, Biometeorology
Reporting to the Project Scientist, the Assistant Director for Biometeorology manages the design of the scientific rationale and procedures for the Fundamental Instrument Unit (FIU) of the NEON Project. This position is responsible for overseeing the scientific rationale, sampling designs, budgets, schedules, and personnel for all FIU activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage a large, diverse team of scientists to develop automated approaches for data collection from tower-based and soil-based instruments
* Facilitate the study of air-shed measurements and soil measurements for the NEON Project.
* Responsible for the development and management of the FIU schedule, budget, risks, and documentation.
* Oversee the development of QA/QC protocols for field sampling and data processing.
* Take full responsibility for the scientific integrity of field sites throughout the construction process.
* Develop the scientific rationale for scientific measurements and methods.
* Oversee the development of data products and the associated quality metric information.
* Work with the NEON Calibration and Validation lab to develop appropriate workflows for data quality control and quality assurance.
* Responsible for technical oversight of large procurement contracts associated with laboratory analyses of field samples.
* Work with NEON scientists to develop appropriate data/metadata formats for data portal discovery.
* Organize field collections in conjunction with construction and data publication schedules.
* Coordinate information sharing with relevant scientific, academic, educational, and policy-maker communities.
* Work with collaborating laboratories and NEON scientists to facilitate publication of results, and collaborate with other NEON scientists to prepare reports and develop recommendations for best practices, future analyses, and data processing.
* Participate in the larger NEON science community, including participating in research collaborations and attending meetings and conferences.
* Follow and participate in the development of NEON safety and Field Operations policy and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
* PhD in ecology, environmental science, or related field.
* 10 years' experience with methods in ecology, including instrumentation, air-shed analyses and soil analyses.
* Experience managing budgets and schedules for a department and large scale scientific project.
* Experience with scientific writing and review.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
* Experience with land use, biogeochemistry, and climate change data collection and analyses.
* Experience working with towers, atmospheric instrumentation, and soil instrumentation.
* Experience working in a collaborative scientific enterprise.
Term (This is a term position with work scheduled until the end of construction, which is anticipated to be September 30, 2017.)
Must have permanent authorization for US employment.
Please apply to: www.neoninc.org<http://www.neoninc.org>
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net