[ES_JOBS_NET] Wind Energy Engineer -- India
Jessica.Lundin at vaisala.com
Jessica.Lundin at vaisala.com
Wed Sep 10 11:13:40 MDT 2014
Wind Energy Engineer -- India
More information about this job:
3TIER India Pvt. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vaisala, has an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic candidate with a blend of wind energy expertise, field experience, and strong English communication skills for a position as a Wind Energy Engineer. This position is responsible for the on-site (i.e. field visit) aspect of 3TIER’s renewable energy assessment reports and services, and coordination with other 3TIER/Vaisala offices. Specific activities include obtaining project details, performing site visits, quality control of observational data, turbine layout optimization, and presenting / defending results to 3TIER staff and our clients.
3TIER is a renewable energy forecasting and assessment company that uses its knowledge about weather, climate and their impacts on wind, hydro and solar energy to help its clients make better decisions about their renewable energy investments. It uses sophisticated computer modeling systems, in-house expertise and reliable delivery mechanisms to forecast both the short-term intermittency and the long-term availability of weather-driven renewable energy.
In December of 2013, Vaisala, a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement, acquired 3TIER, Inc. Going forward the combined companies’ expertise will bring an integrated suite of renewable energy assessment, forecasting, asset optimization, and measurement solutions to customers around the globe.
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on over 75 years of experience, Vaisala contributes to a better quality of life by providing a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services for chosen weather-related and industrial markets. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs over 1,500 professionals worldwide and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki stock exchange. For more information, visit www.vaisala.com<http://www.vaisala.com> and www.twitter.com/VaisalaGroup<http://www.3tier.com/en/about/press-releases/3tier-acquired-vaisala/www.twitter.com/VaisalaGroup>.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as the primary liaison between 3TIER wind resource assessment staff in Seattle, Washington, USA and clients in India regarding all aspects of assessment products.
* Perform site visits of proposed and operational wind energy facilities. Analyze met towers for integrity and accuracy of measurements. Perform site surveys.
* Produce site visit reports and, as needed, wind energy assessment reports.
* Quality control of observational data received in support of assessment projects (including site visits).
* Provide guidance on appropriate wind resource assessment campaigns, including remote sensing and traditional meteorological towers.
* Wind turbine micro-siting and layout optimization.
* Produce technical documentation.
* Analyze potential sources of turbine underperformance at operational wind projects and prepare reports detailing results.
* Work with 3TIER staff in India and other offices around the world on special projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, engineering, or other applied science. M.S. or higher is preferred.
* 3+ years of experience performing traditional wind energy assessments for utility scale wind development.
* Expert at quality control of met tower data using industry-specific software (e.g. Windographer).
* Expert at wind turbine layout design and optimization using industry-specific software (e.g. WindFarmer).
* Expert with meteorological instrumentation including field site visits to evaluate measurement campaigns.
* Experience in remote sensing options for wind resource assessment, including sodar and/or lidar.
* Expert in the analysis of SCADA data from operational wind farms in India, especially energy production data and turbine fault/status codes, to understand turbine efficiency.
* Expert at designing meteorological campaigns for wind farm projects.
* Experience configuring wind data loggers (Second Wind Nomad 2, NRG Symphonie, Campbell Scientific, etc).
* Ability to statistically analyze meteorological data sets (time series analysis, MCP analysis, spatial validation, etc).
* Preferred experience using scripting languages, such as Ruby or Python, in a UNIX/Linux environment.
* Expert using Microsoft Office, especially Excel to perform analysis, and PowerPoint to present analysis results.
* Ability to work semi-independently in a team-oriented atmosphere where close and effective coordination with other professionals is essential for success.
* Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
* Ability to work in a production environment and meet deadlines.
Must be fluent in English, verbally and in writing. Must have ability to write detailed reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, probability, and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, frequency distributions, and correlation techniques to practical situations.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability travel large distances by plane, train, car and foot over rough terrain and varied land cover conditions. A typical field visit may require the visitation of dozens of potential met tower and turbine locations per day, often in extreme environmental conditions.
50% or greater – mostly inside India.
Pay & Work Schedule:
This is a full time position in Bangalore, India with competitive compensation and benefits.
Please apply by submitting your application and CV with salary expectations by September 28, 2014.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net