[ES_JOBS_NET] Solar Energy Assessment Analyst
Jessica.Lundin at vaisala.com
Jessica.Lundin at vaisala.com
Wed Sep 10 11:11:09 MDT 2014
Solar Energy Assessment Analyst
Location: Seattle, WA (SEA)
Number of Openings
More information about this job:
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on 75 years of experience, Vaisala contributes to a better quality of life by providing a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services for chosen weather-related and industrial markets.
Vaisala has an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic candidate with a blend of solar energy expertise, computer knowledge, science skills, and customer support experience for a position as an Energy Assessment Analyst in our Seattle, WA location. This position is responsible for all activities associated with the production of 3TIER’s solar energy assessment reports and services. Specific activities include performing site visits, quality control of observational data, solar project layout optimization, analysis of satellite derived estimates of irradiance, calculation of losses and uncertainty, and presenting/defending results to clients. If you are passionate about renewable energy and want to work in a team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Produce solar energy assessment reports
* Quality control of observational data received in support of assessment projects (including site visits)
* Solar project micro-siting and optimization
* Calculation of solar project losses and energy uncertainty
* Ensure the technical accuracy and timely delivery of 3TIER’s resource assessment products
* Participate in the development of advanced solutions to maintain state-of-the-art methods
* Produce technical documentation
* Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, engineering, or other applied science. M.S. or higher is preferred.
* 3+ years of experience performing traditional solar energy assessments for utility and commercial scale projects
* Expert at quality control of solar measurement data
* Expert at solar project layout design and optimization
* Experience with meteorological instrumentation including field site visits to evaluate measurement campaigns
* Thorough understanding/experience applying loss factors and calculating uncertainty for utility-scale solar farms
* Familiarity designing meteorological campaigns for solar projects
* Understanding of and ability to analyze satellite derived data sets of solar irradiance.
* Preferred experience analyzing SCADA data to understand solar efficiency at operational solar farms
* Preferred experience using scripting languages, such as Ruby or Python, in a UNIX/Linux environment
* Ability to work semi-independently in a team-oriented atmosphere where close and effective coordination with other professionals is essential for success
* Excellent oral and written presentation skills
We offer an international and challenging work environment in a growing business. At Vaisala the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with interesting, motivated, and professional people within an organization that strongly supports personal growth and continued development.
Vaisala offers a competitive benefits package including: health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, company paid life, long and short term disability, 401K plan with company match and tuition reimbursement. We also offer holiday pay and a generous paid time off plan.
Only resumes submitted via our online applicant tracking system will be considered for this position. Please attach your resume and include your salary requirements.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2014
To be considered for this position you must currently be eligible to work in the U.S. Vaisala participates in the E-Verify employment verification system. Candidates are subject to a personal work preference assessment and complete background check prior to an offer being extended.
No phone calls or third party recruiters please.
Vaisala is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net