[ES_JOBS_NET] NWF Climate and Energy Policy Internship
StaudtA at nwf.org
Fri Aug 2 14:30:15 MDT 2013
See below for a great entry-level position for folks interested in climate policy work. I'm not the hiring manager, but am happy to answer any questions that folks might have about the position.
Amanda Staudt, Ph.D.
Climate and Energy Program
National Wildlife Federation
StaudtA at NWF.org
Climate & Energy Intern
# of Openings:
A motivated individual with strong organization skills is sought for a, full-time paid 11 month internship to begin beginning-to-mid September, 2013 in Washington, DC. The intern for the Climate & Energy team at NWF will work to build support for domestic legislation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to promote adoption of clean energy technology. Major team initiatives include federal initiatives to drive America away from dirty, polluting fossil fuel energy and towards cleaner, more efficient alternatives. The intern will play a key role in the development and communication of key Climate & Energy policy priorities for the organization.
* Research, writing, and editing reports, newsletters, factsheets, blogs and memos on climate change, clean energy, and wildlife.
* Legislative and policy work at the federal, state and local levels including tracking bills and administrative regulations/ rulemakings, distributing information to decision-makers in hard copy and e-mail, maintaining target database and policy information and occasionally attending lobby meetings.
* Coalition building with partners, including attending coalition meetings, engaging NWF affiliates and partners, helping with lobby days and trainings, calling activists and like-minded organizations.
* Logistical support in organizing meetings and other events, including arranging travel, taking minutes, and distributing notes and other materials.
* Administrative duties as assigned.
* BA or BS, with strong course work or work experience in political science, wildlife science/ecology, climate science, environmental policy, or economics preferred.
* Experience in or demonstrated commitment to environmental advocacy and climate change in particular is desirable.
* Proven experience in writing for multiple audiences.
* Ability to conduct extensive research required.
* Excellent researching, writing, speaking and computer skills.
* Power point skills and knowledge of lay-out and design programs are a plus.
This position offers $10/hour plus core benefits. Must be available to work a minimum of 24 (maximum of 48) weeks at 40 hours per week.
National Wildlife Federation is America's largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children's future. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Es_jobs_net