[Dart-users] updated ensemble_manager_mod in subversion

Nancy Collins nancy at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:01:45 MDT 2010

  hello dart-users,

i've just committed an updated version of the
ensemble_manager_mod.f90 file to the subversion repository.

if you're running a model with a large state vector this
update should improve your filter execution time.  you
only need to update this one file:

  cd $DART/ensemble_manager
  svn update

and then recompile filter.

if you have a chance to incorporate the new code and rerun
an existing case, could you email me (nancy at ucar.edu) and
let me know if it's faster, and if so, by how much?   i'd also
much like to hear from you if it didn't speed up your code.
in that case, can you also send me the size of your state
vector and how many ensemble members you're running with?

in my tests with a large wrf case, it dropped execution time
for filter from 36 to 22 minutes on bluefire.   i'm not expecting
all jobs to see such a large drop, but i'd like to hear what
results you do get.

as always, let me know about any problems,
nancy