[CoWy ASA] Report from JSM Council of Chapters and statistical literacy bill

Matt Ostberg Matt.Ostberg at du.edu
Fri Aug 20 16:18:57 MDT 2010

ASA Members,

At the Council of Chapters meeting at JSM, it was announced that the ASA
wants to enlist the chapters in asking our representatives to Congress to
support a bill that's being proposed that would promoted statistical
education in K-12 programs in the U.S.  Basically, the ASA would like us to
ask our chapter if anyone would be willing to speak with his/her U.S.
Representative or Senator (or someone in their office) about the bill.

Attached is an email from Council of Chapters Comunications Officer (see
below) with more information about the bill and what the ASA is doing to
promote it, and how our chapter members can get involved.  People interested
in getting involved are asked to sign up via a website given in the email
below.

Anyone interested in speaking with a congressperson please sign up.
Also, anyone who signs up please contact the chapter representative (Nels
Grevstad, ngrevsta at mscd.edu) so that he can coordinate with you.

Thanks,
Matt Ostberg