[Cosmic_announce] Updated New Inversion Software BUFR Test Files - Feedback Needed

dhunt dhunt at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 19 09:45:53 MST 2016

Hi Harold:  If I recall, the test data period was a recent one in which
COSMIC was tracking well.  I don't think
I coordinated with weather centers about it--sorry for the oversight.
We also scaled down the time of the test data set from 2 months to 15
days so that our backup processing machine could hold it all at one time.

These new test files are run with the new software, but in a mode that
gives data as close as we can manage to results from the old software.
For example, the dynamic cut-off height based on 60-80km bending angle
noise has been restored.

What you should see is statistics very close to those you are used to.

Thanks,

   Doug