[Cosmic_announce] Updated New Inversion Software BUFR Test Files - Feedback Needed

dhunt dhunt at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 15 10:58:54 MST 2016

Dear Weather Center Users:

Updated BUFR test files from our new inversion software for part of June
2015 are
available for testing by weather centers on the CDAAC web
site:

ftp://cdaac-www.cosmic.ucar.edu/newroam_BUFR_v2/

These files use our new inversion software (newroam) but are designed
to have error characteristics that are even more similar to the existing
profiles
than the last set of test files.  Thus we do not anticipate any problems
when they
are assimilated by the weather centers.  We plan on upgrading our real
time data processing suite to use this new software soon, but we want
to give weather centers the opportunity to test these data first. We
would appreciate feedback from the Weather Centers as soon as
possible.

Cheers,
The CDAAC Team.