CEDAR email: PyHC 2024 summer school announcement

Julie Barnum Julie.Barnum at lasp.colorado.edu
Fri Jan 26 16:31:40 MST 2024

Hello all,

I’m Julie Barnum, the lead for the Python in Heliophysics (PyHC) community<https://pyhc.org/>. Our main MO is to promote and facilitate the use and development of Python for Heliophysics (though we’re truly at this point a “Sun to mud” kind of group). We have a really cool upcoming opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about PyHC’s software capabilities and how to apply them to your science needs! See the official announcement here below:

The Python in Heliophysics Community (PyHC) is excited to announce its 2024 Summer School, set to take place Monday, May 20th to Friday, May 24th at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) in scenic Boulder, Colorado, USA.

This year’s Summer School builds on the foundational success of its predecessor, offering an even deeper dive into the rich ecosystem of Heliophysics Python packages. Open to graduate students, early career scientists, and anyone eager to deepen their understanding of Python in the Heliophysics and Space Weather disciplines, this program promises a mix of in-depth tutorials, engaging demos, and hands-on sessions, delivered by some of the field’s leading experts.

Remote options will be available for those unable to make the trip to Boulder. The presentations will also be recorded and streamed to YouTube. Further, in keeping with PyHC’s commitment to knowledge-sharing, this year’s event remains FREE for all attendees.

See the Summer School’s web page<https://pyhc.org/summer-school-24> for more information regarding the agenda, a link to registration (due by Monday, 29 April 2024), housing information (there’s a hotel option for reduced costs before 19 April 2024), and other pertinent information!

Thanks,

Julie