CEDAR email: International EISCAT Radar School - a few places left!

Thomas Ulich thomas.ulich at sgo.fi
Wed Jun 14 11:03:29 MDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Due to some cancellations, there are still a few places left in the International EISCAT Radar School (Mon-Fri 14-18 August 2023 at Kilisjärvi, Finland)  and the registration page will now stay open until the places are taken: https://www.sgo.fi/Events/RS2023/

This year, the EISCAT Scientific Association plans to take the new phased-array EISCAT_3D radar into use gradually: the transmit-receive site in Skibotn, Norway, and the remote receiver sites at Kaiseniemi (Sweden) and Karesuvanto (Finland) are being deployed since last autumn.

Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory (SGO) in close collaboration with EISCAT, will run a training course for new users of the EISCAT radars, from 14th to 19th August 2023 (Monday to Saturday): The International EISCAT Radar School will be held at Kilpisjärvi, Finland, close to the Skibotn site in Norway.

For more information please visit https://www.sgo.fi/Events/RS2023/. Prices are updated and draft lecture timetable are now on-line. Please note that we do not provide funding for individual participants, all our funding goes into making the school as low-cost as possible for everyone.

Please forward this message to anyone you might think is interested. Thank you!

All the best from Sodankylä,

Thomas Ulich