CEDAR email: CEDAR Mailing List Submission - AGU Session Advertisement

Vincent Ledvina vincentledvina at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 23:38:28 MDT 2023

Hi, I would like this to be included in the next CEDAR mailing list
bulletin:

Dear CEDAR Community,

We would like to draw your attention and invite you to consider submitting

an abstract to the Union Session U020: Science for All - Infrastructures
and Resources for Open Science at the AGU Fall Meeting, 2023 to be held in
San Francisco, CA, 11-15 December, 2023.

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm23/prelim.cgi/Session/198578

The Abstract submission deadline for this session has been EXTENDED to
Wednesday,
23 August.

Openness in all areas of the scientific endeavor leads to faster progress
and easier collaboration. Recent emphasis from the White House’s “Year of
Open Science” and NASA’s “Heliophysics Big Year” is putting participatory
science in the spotlight and celebrating STEAM outreach. In this session,
we will examine projects that have developed open instrumentation, open
data and sample repositories, open analysis and visualization platforms,
and open involvement of the public with the science going on with all of
the above. We especially invite presentations related to geocollections and
MacGyver-style innovations in space physics and aeronomy. We also look
forward to hearing ways in which participatory science is enhancing
research projects and hope to brainstorm how we can best leverage open
science and community collaboration to advance research across disciplines.

Particularly relevant to the CEDAR community is our accompanying poster
session:

The MacGyver Session: The Place for Novel, Exciting, Self-Made, Hacked, or
Improved Sensors and Software Solutions for the Year of Open Science and
the Heliophysics Big Year

This 4th edition of the MacGyver session focuses on the interdisciplinary
applications of Space Weather across space physics, aeronomy aeronomy,
planetary, and atmospheric electricity. All geoscientists, including
students, citizen scientists, hams, and artists are invited to bring broad,
open science, STEAM outreach, prototypes, and demonstrations to celebrate
the “Heliophysics Big Year” and “Year of Open Science.”

We look forward to receiving your contributions and thank you very much for

your attention.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Vincent Ledvina (vledvina at alsaka.edu; University of Alaska Fairbanks,
Aerospace Corporation, Aurorasaurus, New Mexico Consortium)

Kerstin Lehnert (primary convener; Columbia University)

Erica Mehan Johns (Cornell University)

Peter Marchetto (Conservify)

Elizabeth MacDonald (NASA GSFC; Aurorasaurus, New Mexico Consortium)

end of message.

Thanks,
Vince

--
Vincent Ledvina *(he, him, his)*
PhD Student at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks