CEDAR email: EGU 2024 ST4.8 Solar Irradiance: seconds to centuries

Martin Snow msnow at sansa.org.za
Thu Dec 7 00:42:22 MST 2023

Dear colleagues,

The conveners of session ST4.8 at EGU2024 welcome submissions related to solar irradiance.

ST4.8
Solar Irradiance: seconds to centuries. Measurement and modelling the solar spectrum and its variations on all timescales.

Disk-integrated solar irradiance is the primary input of energy to the Earth climate system. The Sun's spectrum changes on all timescales, from seconds for space weather events to climate-relevant periods of centuries or longer. Precise estimates of the absolute irradiance and how it varies are essential for understanding the dynamics of the Earth's atmosphere. We invite contributions describing recent successes in solar irradiance observations, composite datasets, calibration reanalysis, and modelling the solar atmosphere .

EGU will take place 14-19 April in Vienna, Austria.  We hope to see you there!

Martin Snow
Margit Haberreiter
Sowmya Krishnamurthy
Erik Richard

Martin Snow | Research Chair in Space Weather
+27 28 285 0066 +27 67 395 2592
Hospital Street, Hermanus, 7200 | PO Box 32, Hermanus, 7200
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the South African National Space Agency (SANSA) and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on SANSA and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of SANSA. If you have received this communication in error, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone and we advise that you please notify us immediately and destroy the original message.

​Access Full Disclaimer : https://www.sansa.org.za/e-mail-disclaimer/​
For customer feedback, please complete the SANSA Customer Satisfaction Survey: https://bit.ly/3DrlWvd

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.