CEDAR email: AGU Fall Meeting SA002: Advances in Radio Frequency Propagation Modeling and Applications

Miller, Ethan S. Ethan.Miller at jhuapl.edu
Tue Jul 19 11:51:26 MDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We invite your participation in our session at the AGU Fall Meeting SA002:
Advances in Radio Frequency Propagation Modeling and Applications.
Although the title suggests a modeling emphasis, we are interested in all
aspects of novel radio science techniques and radio wave propagation
studies.

Thank you for your consideration.  We look forward to seeing you at the
Fall Meeting!

Jim, Jonah, and Ethan.

--

							SA002: Advances in Radio Frequency Propagation Modeling and
Applications

Session ID#: 12400

Primary Convener: James C Jones, Northrop Grumman Corporation Bellevue,
Bellevue, NE, United States
Conveners: Jonah J Colman, Air Force Research Laboratory Kirtland AFB,
Kirtland AFB, NM, United States and Ethan S Miller, Johns Hopkins
University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD, United States

	Session Description:
		Radio frequency propagation modeling is an integral part of a wide
variety of scientific studies and technological applications. Many models
and applications consider the effects of
ionospheric refraction, magneto-ionic splitting, plasma and neutral
collisions, scintillation, traveling ionospheric disturbances and
land-surface interactions. Recent advances in computational power, as well
as data collection, storage, and distribution capabilities, have led to an
improved ability to include these effects at a higher fidelity, and modern
digital signal processing techniques have led to an improved ability to
assess the utility of including them. This session seeks contributions
covering advancements in measurement, modeling, and prediction techniques
pertinent to the interaction of radio waves with the ionosphere in either
a skywave or transionospheric propagation mode.  Contributions
highlighting improvements in our ability to include and understand the
earth system’s interactions with these propagation modes are especially
encouraged.

Please Submit Abstracts Here:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm16/sa/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=12400

--

Ethan S Miller, PhD
Project Manager / Advanced Science and Technology Development