CEDAR email: Research Engineer, GeoSpace at SRI International
robin.castillo at sri.com
Tue Jul 5 07:04:02 MDT 2016
Open Position: Research Engineer, GeoSpace
SRI's Center for GeoSpace Studies focuses on studies of the fundamental processes governing the nature of the upper atmosphere and space environment. The Center's research involves scientific instrumentation including incoherent scatter radar (ISR), satellite, optical and radio wave instruments. The Center conducts basic physics research in the ionosphere/magnetosphere, middle atmosphere/lower thermosphere, and stratosphere/troposphere.
The Center for GeoSpace Studies is currently seeking a Research Engineer with a BS degree or higher in electrical engineering, physics or a related discipline. The Research Engineer will be required to operate, maintain, and upgrade systems associated with the Center's ISR facilities as well as perform independent projects as needed. The candidate will need to be an independent worker who is able to work with prototype systems that may not yet be fully functional and documented.
Desired areas of expertise include radar data processing and RF engineering. Familiarity with ISR radars and ionospheric physics is a plus.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline.
* 3 years industry experience or an Master's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline.
* Experience with RF engineering necessary.
* Experience with ISR data processing is desirable.
* Experience with software development in Python is required.
* Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems is necessary.
* Algorithm implementation in C, and/or C++ is highly desired.
Apply online at www.sri.com/careers
Job ID: 1230BR
SRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
201 Washington Road
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
robin.castillo at sri.com<mailto:robin.castillo at sri.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email