CEDAR email: Invitation to 2015 CEDAR Workshop “CEDAR-GEM Modeling Challenge” session
Shim, Ja Soon (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA]
jasoon.shim at nasa.gov
Tue Jun 23 14:26:52 MDT 2015
We invite you to participate in the CEDAR-GEM Modeling Challenge Session at 2015 CEDAR Workshop. The session will be held on Thursday, 25 June, from 10:00 am -12:00 pm at Kane 220 at the Univ. of Washington. In the session, we will focus on “Modeling neutral density/satellite drag during storms”.
Topics for discussions and agenda
* Tidal mixing effects on neutral density, Tim-Fuller Rowell (CU/NOAA SWPC) (10:00 - 10:20)
* Neutral density variability driven by geomagnetic forcing: Global Joule heating, Mariangel Fedrizzi (CU/NOAA SWPC) (10:20 - 10:35)
* Improvement in modeling of neutral density at high altitude, Eric Sutton (AFRL) (10:35 - 10:50)
* Ensemble Assimilation Using First-Principles Models: A Tool for Three-Day Space Weather and Satellite Drag Forecasts, Marcin Pilinski (ASTRA) (10:50 - 11:05)
* GITM comparisons to GOCE, CHAMP and GRACE mass density data, Aaron Ridley (UM) (11:05 - 11:15)
* High-latitude neutral density statistics, Cheryl Y Huang (USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXP) (11:15 - 11:25)
Discussion (11:25 – 12:00)
* Metrics selection relevant drag study
* Definitive orbits vs derived neutral density from orbit determination for model-data comparison
* Point vs averaged density
* Possible sources of data at different altitudes
* How to Improve density prediction?
* Capturing small scale structures during storms
* Prediction of geomagnetic indices
* Alternative geomagnetic indices
* How to Improve physics-based model neutral density at high altitude?
* Ideas on linking thermospheric models to orbit propagator at CCMC
“Regional TEC study”, which was initially planned to be discussed in this session, will be discussed at the mini-GEM workshop on the day before 2015 AGU fall meeting.
Ja Soon Shim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cedar_email