CEDAR email: SA03 and SA13 at Fall AGU and Beacon 2013 in Bath UK

emery at hao.ucar.edu emery at hao.ucar.edu
Thu Aug 2 09:46:33 MDT 2012

This is a generic mailing to the CEDAR community sent 02 Aug 2012.
Meetings and jobs are listed at http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu under
'Community' as 'Calendar of Meetings' and 'CEDAR related opportunities'.
CEDAR email messages are under 'Community' as 'CEDAR email Newsletters'.
All are in 'Quick Links' on the main page.
(1) 3-7 Dec 2012, Fall AGU Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA - abstracts due
8 Aug at http://agu-fm12.abstractcentral.com
 (a) SA-003 "Do we Understand E and F-region Ion-Neutral Momentum Coupling?".
>From John Meriwether (john.meriwether at ces.clemson.edu) and Mark Conde
(mark.conde at gi.alaska.edu).
 (b) SA-013 "The Equatorial Ionosphere: Drivers and Coupling Processes"
>From Odile de la Beaujardiere (Odile.DeLaBeaujardiere at kirtland.af.mil)
and Anthea Coster (ajc at haystack.mit.edu).

(2) 8-12 July 2013,  Beacon Satellite Symposium , Bath, UK.
>From patricia.doherty at bc.edu.

(1) 3-7 Dec 2012, Fall AGU Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA - abstracts due
8 Aug at http://agu-fm12.abstractcentral.com
 (a) SA-003 "Do we Understand E and F-region Ion-Neutral Momentum Coupling?".
>From John Meriwether (john.meriwether at ces.clemson.edu) and Mark Conde
(mark.conde at gi.alaska.edu).

Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to submit an abstract to the forthcoming
2012 Fall AGU session session number SA-003, titled "Do we Understand
E and F-region Ion-Neutral Momentum Coupling?" The emphasis of this
session is on how momentum coupling between ions and neutrals affects
the dynamics of both of these fluids, including all spatial scales and
all geographic locations.

Please note that the deadline for all submissions is 8 August 23:59
EDT/03:59 +1 GMT. The abstract submission site is at:

http://agu-fm12.abstractcentral.com

A detailed description of the SA-003 session, and additional
information, is available online at:

http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/session-search/single/do-we-understand-e-and-f-region-ion-neutral-momentum-coupling/

(1) 3-7 Dec 2012, Fall AGU Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA - abstracts due
8 Aug at http://agu-fm12.abstractcentral.com
 (b) SA-013 "The Equatorial Ionosphere: Drivers and Coupling Processes"
>From Odile de la Beaujardiere (Odile.DeLaBeaujardiere at kirtland.af.mil)
and Anthea Coster (ajc at haystack.mit.edu).

We would like to encourage you to submit an abstract to the AGU session
"SA013. The Equatorial Ionosphere: Drivers and Coupling Processes"

This session is where we expect to see C/NOFS papers and more generally,
papers related to the equatorial ionosphere, irregularities, equatorial
plasma bubbles, their drivers, new missions and new sensors.

The session conveners are Anthea J Coster, Endawoke Yizengaw, Rebecca L
Bishop and Russell Stoneback

The session description is:
"The equatorial ionosphere is one of the best examples illustrating the
complex interactions between the various geospace regions. We welcome
papers that illustrate how the low-latitude electron density profiles
and scintillation, as well as their drivers, are controlled by the solar
wind, the magnetosphere, the thermosphere and the lower atmosphere. In
order to improve our ability to unravel the variability of the
equatorial ionosphere, this session will focus on models and
observations illustrating how these interactions vary as a function of
solar activity, longitude and season."

(2) 8-12 July 2013,  Beacon Satellite Symposium , Bath, UK.
>From patricia.doherty at bc.edu.

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the 2013 Beacon Satellite Symposium will
be held at the Assembly Rooms in Bath, UK on July 8-12, 2013.  Cathryn
Mitchell of the University of Bath had graciously offered to be the local
host this symposium.

This meeting will provide a unique opportunity for ionospheric scientists
from all over the world to meet and collaborate on the ionospheric effects
on radio propagation. This meeting is primarily sponsored by the Beacon
Satellite Group of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI)
Commission G. The Beacon Satellite Group is interdisciplinary, servicing
science, research, application and engineering interests. These interests
include all aspects of satellite signals observed on the ground and by
receivers on-board satellites.

The Beacon Satellite Studies Group was originally formed in 1972, with the
first Symposium at Graz, Austria. Symposia have continued to meet at two
to four year intervals with meetings held at various worldwide locations.
>From the beginning, the two main areas of interest in Beacon Satellite
Studies have been Ionospheric Electron Content and Scintillation. With
more recent developments in ionospheric tomography, assimilation models,
occultation techniques, distributed ground and space based arrays of
ionospheric measurements, international IHY and IPY activities, space
weather and satellite based navigation and communication systems; these
studies have gained new momentum and perspectives.\

We invite you to consider attending this distinctive symposium. Details on
the abstract submittal process together with all the other organizational
details will soon be listed on the Beacon Satellite web site at:
www.bc.edu/beacon.  At this time, we anticipate an abstract deadline of 15
December 2012.  Please be sure to check our website frequently for further
announcements.

It is our intent to assist with costs for a limited number of students and
attendees from developing countries. The total level of assistance will
depend on sponsorship funding. Information on applications for assistance
will also be available soon on our web site.

We sincerely hope to see you in Bath for the 18th International Beacon
Satellite Symposium.

Yours sincerely,

Patricia Doherty, Cathryn Mitchell and P.V.S. Rama Rao
Chairs of BSS2013