[Wrf-users] A New WRF Support Forum, and Discontinuation of wrfhelp at ucar.edu

WRFHelp-NCAR wrfhelp at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 7 11:35:57 MDT 2018

Dear WRF Users,

As many of you are aware, official support for the WRF modeling system has been provided via the e-mail address “wrfhelp at ucar.edu <mailto:wrfhelp at ucar.edu>,” which enabled one-on-one exchanges of information between users of the WRF modeling system and members of the WRF support group. Additionally, the WRF support group has managed the wrf-users at ucar.edu <mailto:wrf-users at ucar.edu> subscription system. Towards the goal of a more unified and community-oriented means of supporting not only the WRF modeling system (including the WPS and WRFDA), but also the MPAS-Atmosphere model, we will no longer approve posts to wrf-users at ucar.edu <mailto:wrf-users at ucar.edu> after Friday August 10, and will cease to answer emails to wrfhelp at ucar.edu <mailto:wrfhelp at ucar.edu> at the beginning of September. Official support will now be provided through a public web forum.

The new WRF support forum is accessible at http://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/ <http://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/>. We welcome participation from the entire WRF community, and we would like to emphasize that members of the WRF support group will be active participants on the forum.

No account is needed to browse the forum, but in order to post a new topic or a reply, it will be necessary to create an account - which should only take a minute, and involves simply choosing a username and password. The forum is divided into primary topics and subtopics. Please take care to read the introduction and to post to the correct subtopic. At the bottom of the main forum page, you will also find places to post job/position announcements, conference announcements, and to provide forum feedback.

WRFhelp