[Wrf-users] WRF: surface roughness

Nikhil Garg nikhilgarg.gju at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:49:24 MDT 2016

in order to get the roughness, you need to output a variable ZNT, usually
this is not added to history file like wrfout, for that purpose,
you will have to modify ZNT in the registry. check Registry.EM_COMMON,
there is a line

ZNT              ij      misc        1         -      i3rh      "ZNT"
            "TIME-VARYING ROUGHNESS LENGTH"                "m"

if your registry doesnt have 'h' in the 'i3rh', then just add 'h', and
clean -a, compile and you will have the variable in your history file.