[Wrf-users] ndown for 3 domain

Dominikus Heinzeller xena.the.fire.goddess at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 16 01:37:36 MDT 2014

Hi Jim,

I am doing ndown runs for three domains the following way:

- run real for all three domains
- run wrf for d01 domain only (set max_dom = 1)
- run ndown for d01 and d02 (set max_dom = 2)
- delete d01 stuff from namelist.input, which makes your original d02 the new d01
- run wrf for new d01 domain only (set max_dom = 1)
- run ndown for new d01 and new d02 (i.e., original d02 and d03, set max_dom = 2)
- delete new d01 stuff from namelist.input, which makes your original d03 the new**2 d01
- run wrf for new**2 d01 domain (i.e., your innermost d03 domain)

Hope this isn’t too confusing either!

Cheers

Dom