[Wrf-users] questions about namelist.obsproc settings

huangqq2013 at gmail.com huangqq2013 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:24:30 MDT 2014

Hi, all
I run into some problems about namelist.obsproc setting.

I have read the Users Guide, and it says that PHIC and XLONC are the central latitude and longitude of the domain. Here I want to ask, the domain means which domain? Because I have three nested domains, and I want to assimilate domain 03.
If the domain refers to the mother domain, then isn't PHIC the same with MOAD_CEN_LAT (The central latitude for the Mother Of All Domains)?
If the domain refers to domain03 (in my case), then how do I calculate the exact central latitude and longitude of a nested domain? Could you give me a tip?
Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes,
Caroline

huangqq2013 at gmail.com