[Wrf-users] NCL with Global WRF-ARW

Pettee, Warren wpettee at uncc.edu
Tue Jul 1 09:10:55 MDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to get values from a specific location from my global WRF-ARW that is using the lat-lon projection.

When I use the wrf_user_ll_to_ij function, the generated grid points are invalid for the variable I am trying to use.

For example, I attempted a conversion and got these invalid points:

(0)    Requested xlat = 36
(0)    Requested xlon = -79
(0)    Calculated xlat = -56
(0)    Calculated xlon = 89

Has anyone had better luck with this WRF projection?

Thanks,

Warren Pettee
Undergraduate - Meteorology
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
wpettee at uncc.edu