[Wrf-users] soil moisture and nesting with ndown

Douglas Lowe Douglas.Lowe at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 13:27:58 MDT 2014

Dear all,

I'm using ndown for constructing some nested model runs over the Amazon Basin. The outer domain has been run a month prior to the start date of the inner domain, so the soil moisture fields in the outer domain have diverged significantly from the soil moisture fields which are calculated for the inner domain from my met files. Before I write an ncl script to extract the extra data I require from the wrfout* file, could anyone tell me if there are there any namelist options which I can set to make ndown take more variables from the wrfout* files when building the wrfinput_d02 file?

Thanks,
Doug