[Wrf-users] Plotting of WRF runs using ncl shows rain is too dry.

Pettee, Warren wpettee at uncc.edu
Mon Jun 9 12:15:27 MDT 2014

Wan Ahmad Ardie,

I had similar difficulties when I was plotting WRF-ARW output with NCL, and found that my answer hidden in a sample script.

'tendancy' in the example was the rain rate per forecast interval. The problem was fixed for me by using a loop for each interval and subtracting a running total from the RAINNC + RAINC, like in the example.

Sample Script: http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/PRECIP/wrf_Precip.ncl

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Warren Pettee
Undergraduate - Meteorology
Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
wpettee at uncc.edu