[Wrf-users] WRFCHEM: Error reading wrffirechemi_d01 in real.exe

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 03:33:43 MDT 2014

Hello

I have successfully merged the wrffirechemi_d01_date_time files generated
from the fire_emis preprocessor into one single wrffirechemi_d01.nc file.

Now when I run real.exe, it is not able to read that file and shows this
error:

STARTING WITH BACKGROUND CHEMISTRY
 Subroutine input_chem_profile:
 READING EMISSIONS DATA OPT 3
  mediation_integrate: med_read_wrf_chem_fireemissions: Open file
wrffirechemi_d01
 -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
 FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  mediation_integrate.b  LINE:    2672
  med_read_wrf_chem_fireemissions: error opening wrffirechemi_d01
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

​I have made a softlink with the exact filename in the run directory. I
also tried changing the names of variables as per RADM2 still I got the
same error.

What could be the issue?​

Thanks

--