[Wrf-users] problem in running WRFV3.5 with INTEL compiler

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 14:13:46 MST 2014

Good, now we have the wrf_io.F90, and it's failing:

grep nf_format_64bit /home/mehraneh/WRF/WRFV3/netcdf_links/include/netcdf.inc ;\
                        a=$? ; export a ; \
        if [ $a -a "$WRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT" = "1" ] ; then \
                          /lib/cpp -C -P -C -P -traditional
-DWRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT -I../ioapi_share wrf_io.F90 | m4
-Uinclude -Uindex -Ulen - > wrf_io.f ; \
                        else \
                          /lib/cpp -C -P -C -P -traditional
-I../ioapi_share wrf_io.F90 | m4 -Uinclude -Uindex -Ulen - > wrf_io.f
; \
                        fi
/lib/cpp -C -P -C -P -traditional -I../ioapi_share
module_wrfsi_static.F90 > module_wrfsi_static.f
      integer nf_format_64bit
      parameter (nf_format_64bit = 2)
/bin/sh: line 5: m4: command not found

So, the solution is: install m4.