[Wrf-users] "Flerchinger USEd in NEW VERSION" and cfl error

Liu, Peng pliu34 at gatech.edu
Mon Sep 10 09:50:04 MDT 2012

Dear WRF developers,
  I did some change in land use and ran WRF3.1.1 for winter, Then I got two error messages in the following order:
"29 points exceed cfl=2 in domain d02 at time .......
 at time ....., max at i j k : 14,69, 2  vert_cfl,w,d(eta) = 23.9046  -21.22144 2.49999E-03

 Flerchinger USEd in NEW VERSION Iteration =10
 Flerchinger USEd in NEW VERSION Iteration =10
 Flerchinger USEd in NEW VERSION Iteration =10"

So I wonder does this mean the "Flerchinger" error is caused by cfl problem? Is there any relationship b/w those two
errors? I asked this because in my case, it seemed that the cfl problems happened at lower levels.

Thanks

Peng Liu

Georgia Institute of Technology