[Wrf-users] Postdoctoral position

Fast, Jerome D Jerome.Fast at pnnl.gov
Tue Jul 17 14:11:38 MDT 2012

I would like to post the follow postdoctoral position on the WRF forum.  Thanks.

Jerome Fast

Predictions of Regional-Scale Radiative Forcing - Postdoctoral Research Associate

The Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change Division at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory has an exciting opportunity for a postdoctoral researcher to join our team of scientists in performing research leading to a better understanding of critical atmospheric processes relevant to climate.  We are seeking an individual with qualifications, experience, and interests in one or more of the following areas:

* regional-scale photochemical and aerosol modeling
* meteorological processes that affect the aerosol lifecycle
* aerosol direct and semi-direct effects on radiation
* aerosol indirect effects on marine stratocumulus and radiation
* feedback processes associated with the aerosol direct and indirect effects

In addition, we are looking for a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate the ability to develop hypotheses, test those hypotheses, write and take the lead in publishing papers, and work in a collaborative environment.  The primary goal of the planned research is to develop an improved understanding of processes that contributes to radiative forcing over California and the western United States using both measurements and modeling.  Our team uses the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model and the Community Atmosphere Model (CAM) to study these processes over a range of spatial scales.  Experience with running the WRF or CAM is desirable.  We also expect the candidate to be familiar with a wide range of meteorological, chemical, and aerosol data sets and have the ability to compare and interpret model predictions to measurements.  The selected candidates will work closely with other climate scientists at PNNL.  See http://jobs.pnl.gov to apply for position (job ID 301752).